Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa Frantic

I’m so distracted that I’m begging on my knees
I’m praying Santa, Santa, Santa, Santa Please
Don’t pass by my place I can tell you’re getting near
I hear those sleigh bells ring, ring, ringing in my ear

The kids are singing, singing, singing in the choir
The logs are burning, burning, burning on the fire
I’m feeling frantic like I’m dancing on the ceiling
Twelve months since last time that I had this crazy feeling

I feel so dancey, prancey, chancey in my soul
I want to party, party, party, rock and roll
The corn’s a pop, pop, pop, pop, popping in the pot
There’s jambalaya, and a pie a little hot

And soon the nifty, thrifty, gifties will be here
We’ll all be loving, gently shoving to get near
And then we’ll take, take, take our goodies from the tree
So we can rip, rip, rip, rip, rip the paper free

So let’s all give, give, give, give, give some gratitude
Have a delightful, mighty-rightful attitude
Cause it’s a wondrous, purely fundrous kind of day
So don’t stop shiv’ring, quiv’ring when it comes your way

No comments:

Post a Comment