Thursday, May 5, 2016

Comics Exercise from Lynda Barry

Dear Cardbordivenous Rhinocerae,
This week I have accepted an assignment from Comicsperson Lynda Barry designed for speedy drawing with minimal thought and planning. I thought this might motivate time-strapped bros to contribute, following the same instructions. In brief: 45 second pencil sketches of 4 different objects/ ideas are done 4 different times, creating 16 panels of equal size on 1 page. Quick sketches are then inked and colored in. In detail: see scanned instructions below. It's like a poetic form.

My chosen 4 subjects (1st drawings in lefthand column) are (top to bottom) 1-Bathtime 2-Rain on my train 3-Cooking dinner 4-Crappy umbrella. 



1 comment:

  1. I like both the assignment and the resulting mini-masterpiece. The spirit of the rhino runs through this work. I'll take the challenge.

    ReplyDelete