Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunlit Days

this morning as I sat at home
i felt the world was mine alone
each meadow crafted for my sight
for my eyes only, each moonlight

as turtles walk along the creek
i realize it's me they seek
wild deer and turkey take a chance
to come nearby for just one glance

the daffodils are blooming now
and winds have warmed that will allow
each blade of grass to rise to me
and leaves reach down from every tree

and when I wish for warmer days
then brighter will the sunlight blaze
and winter, though it freezes me
is here because it pleases me

i sing my song for all the land
for I alone each day command
and happiness to all conveys
as I imagine sunlit days

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I like this poem... very warm and springy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typo: Stanza 4, Line 4
    The story brain fuses with nature: Dad is the creator.

    ReplyDelete